Thursday, April 4, 2019

What I've learned from my parents




  • ·         Parents bless is everything


From career choice to choosing a lifetime partner. I’ve been listening to my parents’ stories since I was a kid. In deciding what I want to be and questioning jodoh stuff, I wanted to know how my parents decide to become what they are today and how they choose each other to spend the rest of their life with. The common stories that I can conclude from their stories is parents blessing. The fact that their stories is kind a match-making tale which Alhamdulillah until now and InsyaALLAH it will be till the end of time, may somehow kinda give impact to me in deciding with whom I’m gonna end up with.
Mama wanted to be a flight attendant so she put 100% in knail-ing English, however her height crushed her dreams so her second choice is to do secretarial stuff. The fact that she may have to follow around her bos in future who may be a guy makes her dad (arwah tok) gave her red light. He encouraged her to become a teacher since he himself is a headmaster that time. She spent a year in Australia under exchange programme (AFS Malaysia) which was a fruitful investment in developing her language skills and character. That’s a back story of my mum becoming an English Teacher till today. She loves it so much until teachers need to do clerical computer work.
Babah has been an ace I would say but he don’t feel that way because he believed that his brothers seems to be way better than him academically. From Business Admin major to Juruanalisa Sistem Maklumat guy then a Lecturer. I grew up not understand what actually my dad is doing but he work in uni. I never know what exactly my dad wanted to be maybe he’s that kind of person who make the most out of everything and see how the things go. He has he’s own vision but he keep it to himself. What I know he believe in rezeki and parents duas. Still remember he told me, “Babah balik US terus pegi India untuk cari agama walaupon tak disetujui abang2, tp rezeki datang dari Allah, Babah balik Malaysia terus dapat kerja.” Everytime he shares his story about his journey in dakwah he’ll be extra enthusiast compare to what he already achieved for dunia.

  • ·         Marriage over Wedding


I was told with prove of pictures, MamaBabah not even wearing matching outfit for their wedding. Mama borrowed her sister’s kebaya for engagement (maroon) and nikah (blue) and Babah just wore his baju raya (white baju melayu) for nikah. Arwah Wan quite pissed because there’s so many things that my mum refuse to have on her wedding and she was firm with her decision. The outcome is debt-less wedding. They didn’t live together for quite sometimes because Babah work in JB and Mama somewhere in Pahang. They dont even have time and budget for honeymoon and believe Along is pembawa rezeki in their marriage. Bit by bit they live a better life once Mama got transferred to JB. Recently they just returned from their first ever honeymoon after 29 years of marriage.


  • ·       Saving

Mama told me that Babah open Tabung Haji account immediately after Mama deliver us. I was told that every cent of money that people gave us (since infant), went into the account. They never use our money to buy our baby necessities. Babah even allocate 10% of his salary for us and all of our duit raya will go to that account too. Back then, I was angry because they done allow me to use my Raya money to get stuff I want but now I feel thankful towards the action. Once we grow up, we were told that we already have thousands in our account. Thanks for that discipline which MamaBabah have been practicing, Along got to go to Japan when he was in high school, me and Ajin able to visit him for 2 weeks and joined exchange programme to Australia for me while Ajin Japan & Australia under the same program.


  • ·       Islamic Education


All I can say is thank you to my parents because they spend so much money for our education. Many people’s impression towards us would be “tak nampak macam budak sekolah agama pon”. It is me to blame for not appear  muslimah - like. Our parents already put an effort to raise us with proper Islamic upbringing but now it’s up to us to decide how we want to appear. Imagine if they didn’t send us to Islamic school, we may becoming extra haywire than what we are today. Back then I kind a disagree and wonder why we don’t just attend the same school as Mama rather than attending this longer hours, far away from home school. I'm also happy with the fact that I know basic Arabic and Tajwid is not an alien for me. InsyaAllah can use the knowledge to teach my kids pulak.


Whatever I have wrote definitely not to brag but it’s up to u to judge. Just something that you can discuss with your partner before you become a parents. May the post somehow benefit us in some ways.




No comments: