Friday, April 19, 2013

5 Facts I Love About My Work Place


Salam dear readers. The 21 year old me want to share my first real job with the official paycheck experience even it’s only 2 weeks me working. So, as expected it would be as sweet as jawbreaker since the most tiring part has not occurred just yet to me. Basically, the title that I am holding for this three months is Pre-school  Assistant Manager (sounds nice) but the actual job is help out anything related to the students and teachers including managing the students, cooking, cleaning, preparing official documents (so far the permanent PAM preparing it) and be a teacher if the teacher is not around. Call me superwoman then. My working hour is from 7.30 am until 4.30 pm just like a regular office hour. The fact is I am working like a office lady but in the school around the environment that I love which is around adorable 4~6 year old kids. Even though, I am not holding my usual role as a teacher I am enjoying myself (so far).

Paycheck….   Paycheck….  Paycheck….  

Since I am not officially graduated Diploma student, I only receive salary as an SPM holders (RM50 per day x 3 months). I have no demand in salary call me stupid but the experience is the most important part right (yeay got something to add in my resume :D)

I received a call from SK Sungai Isap within the 1st week me just finishing my diploma exams. Even I only had  a week break after diploma, I was really excited back then about they need me to fill in the post since a person in the post just started her break after deliver a baby. I hand in my resume a few semester ago only to tell them I am available starting April. I will be so much easier if I had a job here since my mum is teaching at the same school since forever. When they accepting me, they have no idea my mum is am English teacher there, they only know about it during my first day working. So, I am getting this job not because of my mom okey~

Sungai Isap Pre-School huh~ They have only 2 classroom, 25 students each class, 2 teachers and 2 PAM. From the first sight I think, “ No biggie, 4 adults can manage a pre-school.” Absolutely wrong!!! It is not a win win situation regarding the school and the pre-school here. The school can use any staff from pre-school in any event/competition/uniform unit/club etc. but the pre school have no authority/rights to ask any teachers or staff to do anything related to pre-school. Unfortunately, my teacher who is a guy about a few years younger than my mom is a uniform unit’s trainer plus a very busy man. So he is not around quite often despite of he is a very nice and committed teacher plus he has a good repo in the region.

Through 2 week I’m working here. There are things that I admire about my working place:
  • DIY filing system

The students were taught to keep their own work in their own file. It is a good system or practice to be expose to the children in early stage. This system will instill children's organisational skills. The numbered drawer in the place where they keep a file contains unfinished homework either exercise books or worksheets.


These hard cover files is used to place their worksheet that have been already marked by teachers. They themselves will place their marked worksheet in this white file after teacher have puncher-ed them. Instill their  sense of independent.  



  •  Punch card system


They have to put their photo in the basket, therefore if there any picture left it means the person is absent...or just come a little bit late than others. It is normal because kids still in their adjustment zone to wake up early. The school is tolerate with any late comers because what is important they present after all. Teachers always reminding them to come early so that they didn't take for granted the tolerance. After they put their picture in that little basket they will wear their name tag which is place behind their picture.


  • Coloured grouping & Numbering

There are 4 round table and each table have more or less 6 students per table. So, whenever they have to move to another place, they will sit according to their group colours which make it easier for teachers to organise them. You can imagine how havoc it will turn out even only to have cookie and milk in the morning. By calling them by group colour it will be less turmoil. Each of them also have number, the number will be carve on their pencils' and written on their erasers, colour pencil case and files. Easier to detact if any missing item found anywhere, you know kids.

  • Lovely co-workers

 Alhamdulillah, so far all the teachers and staff treat me well and always there to guide me in doing my job. Since accept this job without really knowing the job, there were a lot of question mark in my head but all have been answered from time to time with the help of Kak Ira, Kak Dila and Big Boss (Cikgu Razuki)

  • Adorable students
As a matter or fact, I love kids so much. Working here for this past 2 weeks makes me love them even more. There are no such word as boring because everyday will be a different drama. Being around them will strengthen my patient sense towards things, I am aware of my problem in being patient especially with my brother at home. I think I've been influence by these kids because now I am having a kindergarten like with my mum almost everytime. Dont blame me why I dont act like 21 just yet. Thanks for reading this lengthy post which is 100% in English.
MyEm0.Com


No comments: